Friday, March 20, 2015

Fun Friday!

Here it is.......FRIDAY!!  Hey there, it's Jenni from Wish I Was Scrappin!  It's my turn at Fun Friday!  Fun Friday is all about trying new things and jumping outside your comfort zone!  This was a hard one for me!  If I'm not comfortable, I usually pass it up!  The search was on!  I've always wanted to try string art, but thought it would be too difficult!  My dad made a beautiful string art way back in the day using nails and string and it was gorgeous!


So on a smaller scale than the artwork my dad created, I've chosen a smaller design and cardstock!  I printed the pattern, traced the dots and grabbed an embroidery needle and some  Raspberry Pink Timeless Twine!  I used some gems on the antenna, but drew the head and face.  I used some white frost and metallic raspberry sequins on this project too!  Both of which will be available at Bella Creationz soon!  The paper is from Echo Park Springtime Collection!


The sentiment stamp is from Stampin Up!  And by the way, this card is also based on a sketch from My Favorite Things!

Don't be afraid to try something new!  During this process I realized that it wasn't as hard as I thought and have added several patterns to my to-do pile to give a try!  You just never know what new fun thing you could discover!

9 comments:

Julie Odil said...

This is as cute as a bug in a rug! Love the idea, the colors, and the whole darn thing!

Lisa Lara said...

How cute Jenni.

crazyaboutcricut said...

This is AMAZING!! Fantastic job :D

Karen (karey2005) said...

Jenni, Perfect project for a FUN Friday! Love the twine wings - LOVE the sparkly sequins!

DebC said...

I SUPER love this card!! You did awesome Jennifer going outside your comfort zone!
Deb

Paper Flavour said...

I love the color tone, Jenni :D way of fun !

Mimi said...

Wow! Never would have thought of this one!

Anonymous said...

Clever idea with the butterfly wings, looks great! :)

Unknown said...

Jenni, this is SO cute! What a fun idea to use twine for the wings!!!!