Monday, January 26, 2015

Pocket Scrapbook - Snow Spread w/Stitched Pocket by Amber

Hi!  

Amber here from Best Stamped Intentions with another fun post from Timeless Twine/Bella Creationz.

Doesn't the beginning of a new year always feel fresh?  
Like that new car smell or laundry right out of the dryer.  
In my case, the new car smell is opening a new roll of twine or a new package of PL cards.  

I'm simple...what can I say? :)

I've been thinking about how I was going to continue on with my Pocket Scrapbooking recently.  For 2013 and 2014 I've done weekly, and I've been pretty good at keeping up with it.  However, I'm noticing now that Neysa is in pre-school and dance classes, I don't have too much interesting stuff to fill a weekly spread with!!  I've also got a school album (sort of - everything's pulled together and ready to throw in the book!!) started for her, too.

With all that being said, I've decided to take a monthly approach for 2015.

Since January started off with snow here in Utah, I thought it was only fitting to start my 2015 album with a snow spread.  

(This page will also serve as the "first" page of my album.)


Remember this??  Well, I wanted to do something like that, only right into my spread instead of doing a separate insert for it.

I filled the pocket with hearts (you'll see that I use hearts on almost everything!!) and sequins (Sparkly Clear for the snowflakes, Raspberry-Pink mix, and graphite gray), and stitched it together with Aqua Blue twine.  I think it turned out quite adorable. :)


In addition to hearts, I'm also a pink addict.  I {love} pink.  
I'm sure having a little girl helps feed this addiction!  

I loved this turquoise card from Elle's Studio, but it needed a little pop to it.  Add Raspberry-Pink twine, wrapped several times around the card, and ta-da!  Texture and pop added.


Well, that's the end of my starting point of 2015.  
Until next time, friends!!

7 comments:

Julie Odil said...

Really nice! Love the pops of color!

Anonymous said...

Awesome, love how you use the twine on these! :)

Karen (karey2005) said...

Fabulous! Love how you added that pocket with sequins - very fun!

Timeless Twine said...

Aaamzing layout! I love all the fun embellishments and you are right the raspberry TT gives the card a great pop of color!

Timeless Twine said...

Aaamzing layout! I love all the fun embellishments and you are right the raspberry TT gives the card a great pop of color!

DebC said...

This layout is fabulous. The embellishments, colors everything are perfect!
Deb

crazyaboutcricut said...

LOVELOVELOVE! All the dimension you have with the super cute embellishments, and perfect twine are amazing!

Jenny ~ Timeless Twine DT